Dental Bridges in Birmingham, MI
Fix Your Smile and Restore Missing Teeth
If you’re looking for natural-looking dental bridges, you’ve come to the right place. At Saad Dental, we offer dental bridges to restore your smile to fullness. Learn more about dental bridge restorations and why you should trust Dr. Ali Saad and his team at Saad Dental for all your dental needs. Discover why Dr. Saad is one of the best restorative dentists in Birmingham, MI, for your dental needs.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are an essential dental restoration option designed to replace lost teeth. They consist of one or more artificial teeth known as pontics anchored to adjacent natural teeth or dental implants. This innovative solution effectively bridges the gap created by missing teeth, restoring your smile, functionality, and confidence.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are several benefits to tooth bridges, such as:
- Enhanced Smile Aesthetics: Dental bridges provide a natural appearance, seamlessly blending with your existing teeth and improving your smile’s overall aesthetics.
- Improved Functionality: Missing teeth can make chewing and speaking challenging. Dental bridges restore proper dental function, making daily activities more comfortable.
- Prevent Tooth Shifting: Gaps caused by missing teeth can lead to adjacent teeth shifting out of position. Dental bridges help maintain tooth alignment.
- Preservation of Facial Structure: Tooth loss can lead to changes in your facial structure. A dental bridge aids in preserving your natural facial shape.
- Durability: With proper care, bridges can last a decade or longer, providing a long-term solution to tooth loss.
Candidacy for Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is an excellent option for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Missing one or more teeth
- Having healthy adjacent teeth or adequate jawbone support for dental implant anchoring
- Seeking a non-invasive solution for tooth replacement
- Wanting to restore their smile and dental function effectively
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Saad, one of the best restorative dentists in Birmingham, MI, to learn if you qualify for this solution to missing teeth.
How Do Dental Bridges Work?
Your journey to smile restoration with a custom-made dental bridge begins with an initial consultation with your Birmingham restorative dentist, Dr. Saad. During this visit, Dr. Saad will assess your oral health and the feasibility of dental bridge placement. X-rays may be taken to provide a detailed view of your oral structure. Your initial consultation is a great time to ask any questions or voice any concerns you may have.
Preparing the Abutment Teeth
To support the dental bridge, the abutment teeth (the natural teeth adjacent to the side of the gap itself) need to be prepared. This preparation involves the removal of a small amount of enamel from these teeth to create space for the dental bridge.
Dr. Saad will take precise impressions of your teeth. These impressions serve as a blueprint for crafting a custom-fit dental bridge. The blueprint ensures that your dental bridge will be a perfect fit for your oral structure.
Temporary Bridge Placement
While your permanent bridge is being meticulously fabricated in a dental lab, you may receive a temporary bridge. This temporary bridge helps maintain the aesthetics of your smile and allows for basic functionality while you wait for the final restoration.
Fitting the Permanent Bridge
Once your custom dental bridge is ready, you’ll return to your Birmingham restorative dentist for a fitting. Your dentist will ensure the bridge fits comfortably and looks natural in your mouth. Adjustments will be made if necessary.
Bonding the Bridge
When satisfied with the fit and appearance, your permanent dental bridge is securely bonded in place. It’s affixed to the prepared abutment teeth with dental cement, ensuring a stable and long-lasting restoration for missing teeth.
After the dental bridge is securely in place, Dr. Saad will make final adjustments to ensure your bite is correct and the bridge functions properly. This step is crucial for your comfort and dental health.
Caring for Dental Bridges
Maintaining dental bridges is crucial for their longevity:
- Brush and floss regularly to keep your dental bridge and natural teeth clean.
- Use a bridge threader or floss threader to clean underneath the traditional bridge.
- Attend regular dental check-ups for professional maintenance and assessment.
- Quit smoking and limit alcohol usage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many dental insurance plans offer coverage for the cost of traditional dental bridge restorations. Contact your insurance provider to confirm your coverage details. Your dental office may also provide financing options, so it’s best to ask at your consultation.
With proper care and maintenance, dental bridges can last 10 to 15 years, or even longer. Maintaining good oral hygiene and attending routine dental appointments helps make the most of your dental restoration.
The traditional dental bridge procedure is generally painless. Your dentist will use local anesthesia to ensure your comfort during the process. It’s common to feel mild soreness after the procedure, but the pain will fade within a few days.
The time required for a bridge restoration varies but typically involves a few appointments over a few weeks. Your dentist will provide a personalized treatment timeline during your consultation.
Return To Good Oral Health with Custom Tooth Bridges
Bridges at Saad Dental offer a transformative solution for those with missing teeth. Dr. Saad’s skill, coupled with the state-of-the-art facilities at Saad Dental, ensures a comfortable and successful restoration experience. Trust Dr. Saad and his team to help you get healthy teeth and regain your smile and confidence.
Schedule your appointment today by calling our dental office at 248-646-3515. We welcome patients from Birmingham and surrounding areas such as Berkley, Troy, and Clawson, MI.