Dental Crowns in Birmingham, MI
Restore Damaged or decayed Teeth
Dental crowns are small caps that are placed over the surface of damaged or decayed teeth to restore their strength and appearance. They can be made from a variety of materials including gold and metal, but most patients prefer porcelain crowns for their stunning, natural appearance.
With porcelain crowns, our Saad dental team can customize each restoration to blend in seamlessly with your smile. This way, no one has to know that you’re wearing a dental crown and you can smile with newfound confidence.
Do I Need a Dental Crown?
Our experienced dentists recommend dental crowns for patients who need relief for any of the following issues:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Weakened or worn-down teeth
- Teeth with over-sized fillings
If you have a missing tooth, we can combine a porcelain crown with a durable dental implant and secure it to your jaw, restoring the look and function of your tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Strengthens and preserves damaged or decayed teeth
- Made from durable materials for long-lasting results
- Can be used to help treat a variety of dental problems
- Designed and placed in just two appointments
- Minimally-invasive procedure
- Natural-looking appearance (if you choose porcelain)
Placing Your Dental Crown
Milling and placing your customized dental crown is a relatively quick and simple procedure that’s typically completed in two office visits. The steps of your treatment will include:
- Consultation — Your treatment starts with a consultation where one of our dentists will answer all your questions and examine your smile to help determine if a dental crown is the right solution for you.
- First Appointment — Your dentist will gently reshape your tooth to ensure that your new restoration will fit snugly over its surface. Rest assured, we’ll use a local anesthetic to ensure you don’t feel any pain during the procedure. We’ll also take detailed impressions of your teeth so we can design your personalized crown and provide a temporary crown to wear while you wait.
- Second Appointment — For most patients, it will take about two weeks to mill your customized dental crown. Once it’s ready, you’ll return to our office so our team can place your crown and double-check that the look and fit are perfect. At this point, you’ll be ready to share your sparkling new smile with everyone you know.
Frequently Asked Questions
Porcelain crowns typically last for 5 to 15 years, though your restoration may last even longer if you practice excellent oral hygiene. To maximize the lifespan of your crown, make sure to brush and floss every day in addition to visiting our Birmingham, MI dental practice for checkups at least twice a year.
Yes! Many patients ask us about upgrading old crowns to porcelain for a more natural appearance. In most cases, this can be done without any issues. If you’re interested in switching out your gold or metal crown for porcelain, give us a call and schedule a consultation.
If your crown gets damaged, it will most likely need to be replaced. Don’t attempt to fix the crown yourself, as this can result in further damage and set your treatment back. Just call our office right away and explain the issue. A member of our team will provide the care you need as soon as possible.
Visit saad oral Health & Beauty For Dental Crowns
If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, a porcelain crown could be the ideal solution to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile. Call our Birmingham, MI practice at 248-646-3515 to schedule your consultation today. We look forward to meeting you!