Dental Implants in Birmingham, MI
Restore Health & Beauty to Your Smile
If you want a permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth, look no further than dental implants. These restorations fuse directly with your jawbone for unmatched stability and restore your tooth from root to crown. Best of all, dental implants can last up to a lifetime with proper care.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and what they can do for your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer many unique benefits that other tooth replacements can’t match, such as:
- Natural appearance and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Cared for like natural teeth
- Resistant to decay
- Prevents jawbone deterioration
- Can last up to a lifetime
Our Dental Implant Process
Getting dental implants is a 3-step process that typically requires several months to finish. These steps include:
- Initial Consultation — Your treatment begins with a consultation at our office. During this visit, one of our dentists will evaluate your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if implants are right for you. He’ll also answer any questions you have about the procedure.
- Implant Placement — Once they determine you’re ready, your dentist will place the implant or implants in your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary restoration. It will take three to six months for your mouth to fully heal and integrate with the implant. This process is called osseointegration.
- Final Restoration — After the healing process is complete, you’ll return to our office so we can attach your restoration. We feature porcelain crowns, bridges, and full or partial dentures for your convenience. All of our restorations are customized to blend in seamlessly with your smile.
Dental Implant Candidacy
If you want a restoration that allows you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, dental implants could be the ideal solution. Unlike dentures, implants won’t ever slide around in your mouth or fall out. They’re also easy to maintain, never removed, and extremely durable. Best of all, implants stimulate healthy jawbone growth to preserve your facial appearance.
To qualify for dental implants, you’ll need to have a strong jawbone and healthy gums. If you suffer from bone loss or receding gum tissue, we may be able to prepare you for implants with a supplemental procedure.
In the event that any supplemental procedures are necessary, your dentist will make sure to discuss them with you during your consultation and include them in your treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, dental implants will last for at least 25 years before they start to wear down. If you maintain excellent oral hygiene, your implants can last up to a lifetime without ever needing to be replaced. Just make sure to brush and floss every day, in addition to visiting our practice for biannual checkups.
The first week or two after surgery is crucial to the success of your implant. It’s essential that you follow all of your dentist’s post-op instructions, such as limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding alcohol and smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
After your implant has healed and integrated with your jaw, you can take care of it just like a natural tooth. All you need to do is brush and floss every day, in addition to visiting our practice for regular checkups.
According to WebMD, dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your implant is placed by an experienced and qualified dentist, there’s no need for concern. In fact, implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest restoration long-term.
Unfortunately, dental implants often aren’t fully covered by insurance, though you may be able to get a portion of your treatment cost covered. The amount of payment you receive will vary depending on your provider and the terms of your specific plan. If you have any questions about your insurance, our team will be happy to assist you.
If you experience a complication with your dental implant, just stay calm and call us right away. Don’t attempt to fix the implant yourself, as this can result in permanent damage and additional complications. Rest assured, our Saad dental team will provide the care you need as soon as possible.
Visit Saad oral health & beauty For Dental Implants
If you want a stunning smile that will last for many years to come, dental implants could be right for you. No matter how many teeth you’re missing, we can provide a natural-looking solution that will restore health and beauty to your smile.
Call our Birmingham, MI practice at 248-646-3515 and schedule your consultation today. It’s the first step on your journey to a new smile!